All business is people business, according to LaShon Ross, Deputy City Manager for the City of Plano, Texas. In this podcast of The Spirit of Leading I asked LaShon about her career in public service and what she learned that contributed to her success.
- The need to be genuine in all your relationships,
- To be collaborative and solution oriented versus being problem focused.
- The ability to work with and understand others.
- The ability to manage resources.
- Maintaining productive relationships.
- Being authentic. You are what you say you are.
- Understanding your own motivation as to why you want to be a leader.
- Owing the leadership role and being willing to accept challenges as well as admit your own failings and work on them.